Year of the Leporidae

Happy Chinese New Year, everybody!  I actually celebrated it with my extended family via Gchat two nights ago, when it was New Year's Eve in China.  Time zones: they still boggle my mind.  My family keeps telling me to try to go back to China to celebrate with them, but to be honest, just the thought of it scares me.  Over two billion people travel by rail and bus in the two weeks surrounding the New Year to be reunited with their families, the largest human migration in the world.  Do not want.

Anyway, festivities on this side of the Pacific Ocean have been relatively tame.  My parents and I have been eating some traditional New Year's food, but I think we're all saving up for the big parties our friends are hosting this weekend.  In the meantime, we can all enjoy the CCTV Spring Gala, which is... well, kind of weird, actually.




Happy Year of the Rabbit, and may it bring each of you peace and prosperity!

No comments: