Uncle Sam

The Chinese New Year celebrations continue to roll.  I just got back from a dinner party with some family friends, where I got to catch up with Christine and Liz, two of my closest childhood friends.  More importantly, I finally met Christine's son, Adrian.  It still blows my mind that Christine is not only married but also has a one-year-old boy.  And not just any one-year-old boy, but the cutest one-year-old boy I've ever met in my entire life.  I wanted to take him home and play with him forever, but I didn't want to make Titan jealous.

Christine's mom and my mom are best friends, so we spent nearly every waking moment together as kids.  I remember watching 3 Ninjas and Beethoven over and over again on the weekends with her.  We reminisced about all the times we built cities out of Legos at my house, pretended we were on a rocket ship in her mom's minivan, and played Oregon Trail on my computer.  It's hard to believe that so many years have passed since all of that happened, but thanks to the miracle of the Internet, I can relive my childhood memories by playing The Oregon Trail on Facebook.

This. Is. Awesome.

No comments: