I'll Never Be a Doctor

Why?  Because I can't even get an Advanced Clinical Experience (ACE) rotation, which I need to graduate.  Somehow, I got shafted during the lottery process and didn't get any Pediatrics ACEs.  Then, despite e-mailing the Family Medicine course coordinator at the stroke of midnight on the day we were permitted to begin setting up arranged ACEs, I received a reply today saying that the slot I had requested had already been filled.  How am I supposed to figure out what I want to do with my life if I can't even get an ACE in either of the two specialties I'm considering as a career!?

Fun Links of the Day:

Move over, Tiger Mother, and make room for Tiger Teacher.

Check out hipster puppies (thanks, Molly).

Fan of public media?  Save NPR and PBS by going to MoveOn.org.

No comments: