Sing We Now of Christmas

Ah, the holiday season.  Nothing puts me in a better mood than Christmas music.  Luckily for me, I've had an almost unhealthy dose of music in my life this past week.

We begin with the Albemarle County Medical Society meeting on Thursday, where the Arrhythmics were invited to perform a few songs.  A chance to run through some of the songs we've been practicing for our concert, the opportunity to rub shoulders with several members of the UVA Faculty, and most importantly, free food from the Boar's Head Inn.  It's everything I could ask for this Christmas!


Friday night, the Arrhythmics had our second annual Scopes and Scrubs concert in conjunction with the First Harmonics, the a cappella group consisting of students from the science graduate programs.  Here's to a night full of syncopation (but not syncope)!


On Saturday, Bingjie and I were invited to the Ophthalmology Department's Holiday Party.  When we arrived, they were in the middle of playing a murder mystery game, something I thought only existed in books and movies.  Our gig went pretty well, despite the fact that I had to borrow Matt's keyboard because Dr. Netland doesn't own a piano.  This is the first time I've ever had to perform on a keyboard and without a pedal (eep!), but I think we did pretty well given our circumstances.  Dr. Netland certainly thought so, as we were paid handsomely in both cash and gifts.  I walked out of the house with an entire quiche, a plate of vegetables, and a full case of Blue Moon.  Ophthalmology Department, I think I love you.

And now it's time for the Charlottesville & University Symphony Orchestra and the University Singers' Family Holiday Concert.  Dear Lord Baby Jesus, can it be Christmas forever??

No comments: