My Worst Fears Realized

Today marked the "15th or 16th Annual KCRC Holiday 'Talent' Show Extravaganza."  And what an extravaganza it was.  From The Artists formerly known as Therapists' performance of EPIC to the tune of YMCA to the attendings' performance of The Eight Days of Hannukah to the tune of The Twelve Days of Christmas to the audience-included performance of Feliz Navidad, it was one jam-packed festival.

The staff asked me to play some pieces as well, so I gave a keyboard rendition of Chopin's Prelude Op. 28 No. 17 in A-Flat Major and an arrangement of the traditional French carol Sing We Now of Christmas.  I'm sorry, Chopin, I simply can't do you justice on a Casio.  I hope you'll forgive me for what I did today.


In other news, it snowed today!  And this was the only picture I got before my camera ran out of batteries.  None of the Christmas lights on the Lawn, none of Titan and his friend Luna playing in the snow at the foot of the Rotunda, and none of the beautiful sunset that took place this evening.  What else could go wrong!?

1 comment:

Angela said...

Sam I just wanted to say thanks for all the traffic you've given me over the past year-and-change! Not that there's been a tremendous amount total, but whenever I check my stats there's always a few clicks from idiopathies :).

Sorry you missed your photo ops in the snow... it kept me from even coming to Cville tonight like I was meant to... bollocks! Take care man.