Happy Halloweekend

For the most part, the past few weekends have been filled with fun and excitement, and Halloweekend was certainly no disappointment.  Things kicked off to a good start with the annual VMed Halloween Party.  Crickets in my underwear aside, the night went pretty much as predicted.  Let's take a look at some visual highlights of the evening:

 As far as costumes go, you can't really beat Jim and Mary as Gumby and his horse Pokey.  I literally had no idea who was under the Gumby outfit until Jim started talking to me.

Obligatory Samsheen Rezhao picture.  It's hard to believe that two years ago, we were running this party.  I could've sworn it was just yesterday.

Chun-Li kicking Blanca's butt in an epic game of Street Fighter.

Lee and I enjoying all of the delicious nomz offered at the party.  What?  Don't act so surprised.

A now-clothed Blanca enjoying his delicious pita.  It took us a while to settle him down for long enough to get this picture.

In addition to this weekend's shenanigans, I also got to enjoy the peak color found this time of year in the great outdoors.  Richie, Michael, and I went for a hike at Mint Springs Park in Crozet, and I have to say, there's no weather as perfect as a Virginia fall day.  We stopped by Starr Hill Brewery to do a beer tasting on the way back to Charlottesville (I think I'm addicted to that place), and get this: today, they had free food as well!  Greatest win of all time!!  I made sure to sign up for their mailing list so that I'll never be out of the loop when it comes to food at Starr Hill again.

A wise woman named Coop once said, "I get so sad on Sunday nights; I don't want the weekend to end."  Sigh, truer words were never spoken.

No comments: