Stress-Induced Delirium

I don't like to think of myself as spoiled, but when it comes to food, I have to face the facts.  The bounty of free nomz in the healthcare profession has trained me to no longer consider it a privilege, but a right.  So when the Internal Medicine chiefs informed Amit that we were not allowed to partake in their free lunch today, I didn't just get upset, I became outright delirious.

And it wasn't just me, it was everyone in my block.  We were so infuriated that we were being denied the free lunch laid out before our eyes that we stormed to the Wahoo West Cafe, where we... I hesitate to even say the word... paid for our own meals.  Somehow, we all temporarily forgot that there was an Internal Medicine Interest Group lunch talk today with free Papa John's Pizza.  Can you believe it!?  Our delirium actually prevented us from thinking straight.  In our right minds, we would have asked each other, "Well, if we can't have this free food, where else can we get free food?"  Instead, we skipped straight to buying lunch at the cafeteria.  So irrational!!

1 comment:

Grace said...

i read this while i was on 3 central and had to close it because i couldn't stop myself from laughing. lol