Easing In... Still

You know, I was all about taking it slow on my first day of Internal Medicine, but I was kind of ready to have a little more on my plate on the second day.  My team was on call from 7am till 7pm, yet somehow we only picked up one patient.  ONE PATIENT!!  Which brings our entire census to a whopping... two patients.  Why, why did everyone decide to stay healthy when I started my inpatient rotation??

I managed to entertain myself this afternoon by reading the giant poster in the Internal Medicine library titled "2010-2011 Intern Text Pages."  Here are a few of the best:

Mr. _____ is upset b/c he "asked to be put to death a couple of hours ago."

Mr. _____ has complaint of "crawling things down there."  Please come asses.

Ms. _____: changes in rhythm missing QRS on monitor.  FYI.

And, my favorite:

Mrs. _____ stating she is going to end it all - end it all.  Also large volume of stool.

No comments: