Is She the One?

It's been but one brief day, and I already think I'm in love.

I worked the Triage Center in the Emergency Room this evening.  ZOMG, IT WAS AMAZING!!  My first patient was someone who had a near amputation of the left pointer finger due to a skill saw accident (the finger was still hanging on by a piece of skin).  This was followed by a drug seeker and then a patient with chest pain and abnormal EKG readings.  And I lurrrfed it.  So many patients!  So many angry patients!  So many loud and angry patients!  So many obese, loud, and angry patients!

I had no idea that the Emergency Department was so busy.  We literally never sat down, and there were always at least four patients waiting to be triaged the entire time I was there.  And this is how it made me feel:


To cap off a wonderful night, here's a heartwarming story from NPR.  Ahh.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Aw, what a sweet mugging victim story! Thanks for sharing :) Glad you had a nice time in the Emergeny department - that's where Joseph's sister just started after graduating in May. She loves it - apparently there are lots of stabbings, etc in Norfolk??

Janice Dean said...

The UVa Emergency Department helped me out when I had a horrific migraine (i.e., pain level 8+) a couple of months ago. I had Danny bring me there around 11:30pm on a Saturday night, so it wasn't all that busy. It was quite peaceful, and I felt very cared for. I hope you enjoy your time there and that they're as nice to you as they were to me!