If It's Too Good to Be True...

...then it probably is.  The Emergency Medicine rotation has been considerably slower the past two days than it was on Monday.

Yesterday, I did a ride-along with the Charlottesville-Albemarle Rescue Squad.  We only received one legit call the entire afternoon for a guy who fainted in the parking lot after getting eight(!) teeth pulled at the orthodontist.  The rest of the afternoon we spent hanging around until we got two community service calls: one was to help an extremely obese woman off of the toilet seat in her new house, and another was to help a drunk guy who was wandering around the Chick-fil-A premises.

Today, I worked in the Pediatrics ED, where we only had four patients all afternoon.  I guess I shouldn't complain that not enough bad things are happening to people in Charlottesville, but COME ON!  Let me see some cool traumas, right?  RIGHT!?

No comments: