Otolaryngology Recap

First of all, I haven't posted on this thing in four days.  What happened!?  I must have blacked out or something.

Pros:
- The best mix of patient care and procedural work that I've seen yet.  Between the numerous clinic hours (which may or may not include ear wax cleaning) and the almost unholy number of procedures that may be happening in one given day, you're guaranteed to get your fill of both.
- The residents all really seem to like each other.  They go to Happy Hour every Thursday and they get together on the weekends.  I really like the fact that they hang out even outside of work.
- The surgeries are absolutely incredible.  Dr. Park is one of the best facial plastic surgeons in the country, and he does an amazing job of making incisions that barely leave a scar.  I would love to learn how to do that!

Cons:
- As with all of the surgical subspecialties, a nearly impossible field to get into. Womp womp.
- Ears and noses just aren't all that appealing or exciting to me.  Throats are pretty cool, though.
- Head and neck anatomy: not necessarily my strongest suit.

To make up for my prolonged absence, I want to introduce you to Literal Bears I'm Jealous Of.  In addition to being super hilarious, it's also super short and can be read in one sitting.  And, as its banner states, it is a very different website than Bears I'm Jealous Of.

No comments: