Housing Woes

Augh!  Filling the last room in our house has been quite a trial.  Originally, we had a tenant in each bedroom, but then one of the incoming first year medical students decided to defer for a year.  This past week, we started shopping our last room around on the Charlottesville craigslist.  We narrowed our choices down to two possibilities and finally made an offer to Randolph last night.  He accepted, so we called Owen, our other finalist, to let him know that we had already filled the room.  This morning, Randolph called back to inform me that he had changed his mind and would be living at another house.  I immediately called Owen, but of course he had agreed to live elsewhere after hearing from me last night that the room had been filled.

Now it's back to the drawing board, which means interviewing and meeting potential roommates.  I definitely won't be considering this guy, though:

I hate staying in motel or apartments, worrying about bothering the neighbours, cause I get drunk and sometimes even arrested. Yeah I'm serious. Plus when I'm sobering up I start bugging in enclosed spaces. I love listening to loud music, which doesn't mean I do it. Cause I never can. I mean I'm not stupid. When I'm withdrawing and really need a drink and my nerves are on edge and/or staying up all night the walls move in on me and I start listening to the sounds around me and hate having to be careful not to pace the floor above the room below. Man it's not like I ever paid for crack cocaine, or even ever shot drugs, (strangely) but if I'm going to mess up I wanna get away with it yall. But don't worry, cause I'm in recovery now, clean and sober, and homeless, and it's not that easy to find a place to live. I have a headache right now and maybe a drink would get rid of it, but I digress. AND SO, I'm totally serious, I want a place to live, I've never been convicted of a felony, there will be no drug paraphernalia around me, and no firearms please. Cause I want a place to live with tolerance and space with anybody ASAP. Rock n' Roll =;o)-

No comments: