I'm a Winner

One night last month, a bunch of us went to check out a comedy show at 12th Street Taphouse.  Believe me when I say that it was the worst comedy show I've ever seen.  You can imagine how well the jokes about masturbating at the gym and raping children went over with the audience.

ANYWAY, I digress.  After the dreadful show came to a much-anticipated closure, we discovered that the event was actually a fundraiser for the Epilepsy Foundation of Virginia.  It was an odd way to fundraise, I must say, but I decided to purchase two raffle tickets from the group, especially since I was just finishing up my Neurology rotation at the time and had seen the struggles of several epileptic patients.

So, guess what I got in the mail today?  Four complimentary recreation packages (golf, tennis, skiing, snowboarding, snowtubing, Lake Monocan, Aquatics & Fitness Center, or Discovery Ridge activity) and five complimentary ski, snowboard, or skiboard rentals at Wintergreen Resort!  I'm not sure why I got four of one thing and five of the other, but hey, it's free, so I'll take it.  And it's better than the grand prize of a P. Buckley Moss painting.  Not that I don't appreciate her work, I just don't have anywhere in my rundown house to store a priceless piece of art.

No comments: