Riff Raff... Street Rat...

I woke up a little late this morning because I couldn't fall asleep after last night's LOST series finale (more to come on that later).  I had to hustle in order to catch the Star Line Trolley at 7:30, but to my great dismay, the driver didn't see me and drove right past me.  The next trolley didn't come at the scheduled time, and instead of continuing to wait for it, I just jumped on the next city bus.

The catch: unlike the trolley, the city bus costs money.  $1.50 per ride, in fact.  And I only had $1.15 in my wallet.  So I did what any respectable man in a tie and white coat would do: I put on my best puppy-dog eyes and begged the other passengers on the bus for change.  I can't be sure of this, but I'm 70-90% sure that one of the two guys who gave me a quarter was actually homeless.  Remind me to buy lunch for one of the guys sitting under the railroad bridge on the Corner when I get back to Charlottesville.

No comments: