Alleluia! He Is Alive!

Well, that was the most unexpected Easter service I've ever attended.  I showed up five minutes before the service began, only to be recruited by Joseph to sing in the Chapel Choir with him.  At first I thought he was joking, but then he explained that he was the only guy singing the men's part, so of course I agreed to help out.  I thought that the anthem, Arisen Today, actually went pretty well, despite the fact that I had never seen the music or sung with the Chapel Choir before.

As Pam put it, I certainly didn't expect to be the ringer for a choir this morning.  Especially not when the choir is composed of youth between the grades of 6 and 12.  Well, plus Joseph, Jordan, and me.

Also, I really hope this is how the conversation between Jesus and Mary Magdalene went at the empty tomb:


Happy Easter, everybody!

1 comment:

Janice Dean said...

Happy Easter, Sam! Our Easter Vigil at St. Paul's had some unexpected twists and turns, too, including a piece of burning charcoal flying out of the thurible (the incense burner one swings on a chain) onto the wooden floor and our associate rector attempting to put it out with holy water. I think Jesus would have LOLed at that. The Lord is risen indeed! Alleluia!