Nightmare on Emmet Street

Welp, here we go again.  There's yet another winter storm warning in effect for Charlottesville, and this time we're expecting between 20 and 28 inches of snow in the next 48 hours.  Lee and I knew that the best way to prepare for such an onslaught of wintry precipitation is to make a dash to the nearest Redbox to rent movies to watch.  When we got to Kroger, however, we discovered the madness below:


The line to every checkout counter extended down the aisles to the back of the store.  The self check-out line wrapped around the side of the store all the way to the dairy section in the back.  The scene was horrifying, yet I couldn't look away.  It was simultaneously beautiful and frightening to behold.

Things got better from there, though.  UVA announced that everything would be canceled tomorrow, including classes and even non-emergent hospital appointments.  All of Charlottesville is shutting down in preparation for the storm of the century, and what better way to welcome it than with the best Grand Rounds of all time at Michael's Bistro?  More importantly, what better way to end a night out than with the Jimmy Johns guy handing out free sandwiches on the Corner?  Now I'm no prophet, but I'm pretty sure this is God's way of telling me to enjoy the snow he's about to give us.  And don't worry, God, I hear you.  I hear you loud and clear.

1 comment:

lauren said...

Goodness, what a winter you guys are having. I'm in Boston and I've seen like a 10th of the snow in VA, who'd have known...