The Great Divide

I've been a little bummed out this year, because it seems like there's an invisible canyon between the residents of JPA and the residents of 14th Street.  Okay, so it's not so much an "invisible canyon" as it is "a mile of walking covered in snow."  Tonight I decided that wintry precipitation had kept me away from the other half of my friends long enough, and it was time to venture out to the distant and dreaded Ashtree Townhomes once again.

The trek took half an hour each way, but I have to admit, it was totally worth it.  What could possibly better than the following combination: a rousing game of Cranium, grilled cheese sandwiches and quesadillas, and the first half of Ong Bak 2?  Unfortunately, I had to walk home after the night was over, only to discover that the White Spot had invoked some sort of black magic to project its delicious aromas in an 800-foot radius around its storefront.  You have no idea how hard it was for me to walk past it without stopping in for a Gus burger!  Sigh, literally the best.

No comments: