The War Was in Color

I don't tend to listen to music when I study, because it's really easy for me to stop thinking about what I'm reading and start mapping out the chord progressions in my head.  Sadly, I've been spending a lot of time studying as of late, so I haven't listened to much music at all.  Well, that's not entirely true; sometimes I play jazz in the background, because I know so little about jazz harmonies that I can listen to it without getting too involved with the music myself.

What I'm trying to get to is that I just made the mistake of using the iTunes gift card that Tina gave me for Christmas to download Indian Summer and Love, Loss, Hope, Repeat, two of Carbon Leaf's albums that I didn't already own.  I had completely forgotten what great musicians these guys are!  One of my favorite concerts of all time was when Catmo and I went to go see them play an acoustic set in Old Cabell Hall.  We also saw them at Starr Hill Music Hall back when Starr Hill Music Hall still existed:



Don't mind how disgustingly sweaty we all look (especially Barry Privett, the lead singer).  Hey, wait a minute.  What happened that Carbon Leaf t-shirt that I'm wearing?  I haven't seen that shirt in years!  I wonder what I did with it...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well now I just feel like a dick for listening to pandora in stereo literally every time we study together...