Happy Birthday, Titan

While the rest of the world is ringing in the New Year, I have something personal to celebrate today.  Exactly one year ago, I dragged Catmo with me to the Chesterfield County Animal Shelter to help me pick out a dog.  As soon as I saw that quiet, little brown puppy that looked up at me with its huge eyes and wagged its tail in a weird, circular pattern, I knew that Titan was the one.  I should have known that he would be trouble when we took him for a walk and he ended up biting through his leash and running back inside the shelter, but I still love him, in spite of all of his... misguided energy.

Seeing as how today was the one year anniversary of adding Titan to the family, I thought that the time had finally come to tell him that he was adopted.  Well, it didn't really seem to phase him.  But if you want to learn about why you should adopt instead of buy your next puppy or kitten, click here.  I can tell you from experience that there's no better way to ring in the New Year than by saving a homeless pet.

No comments: