Three Things I'm Thankful For

I know it's not Thanksgiving, but I can still be thankful, can't I?

1. The return of Carmen.  After spending a month at the body shop, she's finally back on the road!  I've been driving my dad's car since Thanksgiving while he's been using the rental car, and I think it's safe to say that we're all happier driving our own vehicles.

2. Avatar.  Apologies to Catmo and Nick, but I really did enjoy this movie.  Sure, I had a headache during the first five minutes of the movie while my eyes adjusted to the 3D screen, and sure, the 3D glasses wouldn't really stay in place because in addition to having a flat Asian face, I also wear glasses (they need to invest in 3D goggles for people like me), and sure, parts of the plot were completely predictable.  But the special effects... ZOMG!

3. My mom's birthday.  It was today, and what better way to celebrate than with the third hot pot dinner this week?  I'll most likely put on 10 more pounds before this break is over.  Which, let's be honest, is probably a good thing.

No comments: