Noo Shoos!

My old pair of running shoes are pretty much entirely worn out, and I have cleverly avoided any serious cardiovascular exercise during the past month or so by postponing the purchase of new ones. But, since I plan on running a lot while I'm in Africa, I finally took the plunge today and blew $100 of loan money on a new pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 9 running shoes. It put quite a dent in my bank account, but I'm pretty sure that training in Africa will pay off. I heard that you can take 30 seconds off of your mile time just by touching a Kenyan.

I actually almost missed my opportunity to go to Africa, though, when I walked out of the shower this afternoon and found Titan chewing on an envelope. Luckily, I stopped him before he got to my airplane tickets that were sitting inside. Needless to say, I gave him a very stern disciplining session. Oh, silly puppy.

2 comments:

Tina aka Your Mommy said...

I have the girl version of those shoes. Like mommy, like son.

Jeff said...

I thought Kenyan's run barefoot. You silly American.