Lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely

Where did everybody go? Nick is in Russia, Pete is in England, Dylan is at the Outer Banks, and here I am, stuck in Charlottesville, studying for my exams. I guess the silver lining is that I have the house to myself for a few days, which makes me feel both alone and liberated all at the same time. I'm totally walking around nakey for the rest of the week! WHOO!!

It's hard to believe that in less than three weeks, I'll be landing in South Africa. To prepare, I've started looking for people who can help me take care of Titan while I'm gone. I jokingly asked for a resume, a transcript, and three recommendation letters, and this is the e-mail response that I got from Catherine.


Hello. We've never met before, but I'd like to take care of your dog sometimes. My resume is included below.

1986-2004: Ok, so I never had a dog, but I always wanted one. I had rabbits, but they died. We kept one of them on ice for days. Is that weird?

2004-2007: Dog Rapist: self-employed, self-explanatory

2007-present: Dog Murderer: I'm good at what I do.

So, interested?

1 comment:

Catmo said...

um, i might be coming to stay with you, because i've been living in my house alone for WEEKS, and i've become convinced that there are ghosts. i mean, i know there aren't, but come on, there are. tons. every night. aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. but there aren't. but seriously, sam, there are.