Because I Care

In a desperate attempt to procrastinate yesterday, I began reading the message board for the incoming UVA School of Medicine Class of 2013. I came across this post left by my friend Mikey under one of the roommate search threads, and I thought he'd appreciate it if I shared it with all of you.

Hello all-
I think I am a little bit late to this message board but I figured I should give it a shot. My name is Mike Parsons and I graduated from uva undergrad in 2008. I have been working in dc for the last year for a health care research/consulting firm, and the experience has given me a whole new level of appreciation for the movie Office Space. A little bit about me as a roommate:

-I like to play loud rap music pretty much the whole time I am home (including when I sleep)
-I have fourteen cats (three are currently sick and tend to throw up whenever they eat)
-I sometimes have a small habit of stealing from roommates so preferably the people I live with have nice stuff
-I don't bathe (ever)
-I tend to start fires when I sleepwalk
-I am looking for roommates with good taste in food so that when I dig through your stuff in the fridge I don't get bored with the same old mac'n cheese

Hopefully, if you are still reading you realize I am joking. In truth, I am a pretty normal guy looking for social roommates. I am definitely down for hosting the occasional med school party/shindig but I usually keep it pretty laid back on weeknights. In my free time, I love playing pickup basketball at the gym, watching movies, hanging out. I am always respectful of common space and cleaning up after myself. If you're still looking for a roommate you can email me [removed] or give me a call [removed]. Hopefully I am not living out of my car first year.

3 comments:

Tina aka Your Mommy said...

Is Mikey P really going to UVA next year? Also, I'd like to see you before you leave for Africa, are you coming back to Richmond anytime soon? If not, it's cool, I didn't really want to see you anyways, I was just lying to make you feel good about yourself.

Sammas said...

Yes, in the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, "I'll be back." Sometime during the week of June 14th, before I leave on the 20th.

Catmo said...

mike parsons. still gets me every goddamn time.