An Apple a Day

...keeps the doctor away. But two apples a day sends you to the gastroenterologist.

The hospital had some sort of staff appreciation picnic today, and we all got a free lunch consisting of cheeseburgers, chips, brownies, and apples. Josh didn't want his apple, and even though I had already eaten mine, I generously offered to take his as well. I know, I'm such a giver.

A few bites in, the apple starting tasting less sweet and notably more bitter. I looked down and discovered that the entire core was rotten. UVA Health System, is this how you treat your employees? By getting them sick in order to maintain your patient flow!? SHAME!!

1 comment:

Tina aka Your Mommy said...

Wow, this post actually made me laugh out loud (LOL). Mainly because the thought of you getting sent to the hospital because of a rotten apple the hospital gave you is hilarious to me.

I'm such a loving mommy.