Lies!

Today's neuro lecture was given by a doctor who, I swear, looked 28 years old. Then she told us that she was born in the late '50s, graduated in '87, and had two teenage daughters. Shocking.

Anyway, she told us that back when she was a child (in the '60s!), pregnancy tests were done by injecting rabbits with women's urine. If the patient was pregnant, the rabbit's antibodies would react with the hCG hormone in the specimen, leading to the furry animal's untimely death. Well, according to Snopes.com, this story is a lie that was perpetuated by movies and TV shows at the time. I can't believe she lied to us! As John so eloquently put it, if I weren't in love with that woman, I'd be pissed.

Also, check out this clip from Britain's Got Talent. It will warm your heart and perhaps even bring you to shed a tear. But not me. Because I'm brawnier than the Brawny Man.

2 comments:

Catmo said...

It's not a lie. My dad used to do that as his job. Seriously.

Unknown said...

speaking of lies, Sam, your biggest fear is not losing your camera its becoming fat and getting shot in the back of the head while driving...unless those fears have abated which i feel they probably could. hope your finishing up the semester strong. im pretty burnt out and i dont get to go to Africa this summer...speaking of which i really am never going to see you again am i? :(