Too Good to Be True

Yesterday was Second Look Day at the UVA School of Medicine, where many of the accepted students came to visit the school again before making their final decisions. Ben stayed with me for the entire weekend, which obviously meant that I got no work done whatsoever. I dragged him to our Anything But Clothes party, an event that I have chosen to completely block from my memory, and also to Buddhist, where we hung out with several of the members of the Class of 2013. And, because all things weird happen at Buddhist, we saw a guy there last night who randomly started playing bagpipes. What??

Before going out, Ben suggested that we grab dinner at The Flat (or, as everyone I know calls it, the Crepe Place). He also showed me the Quick Gym located in the Water Street Parking Garage. Weird, I know. The entire gym is literally the size of my living room, furnished with a desk and two Range of Motion (ROM) machines. According to their official website, the ROM machine gives a full workout (equivalent to 15 minutes of stretching, 25 minutes of muscular endurance training, and 40 minutes of cardiovascular endurance training) in 4 minutes. I know the product sounds too good to be true, but my curiosity makes me want to go see for myself what working out on the ROM machine actually feels like. Anybody wanna go with me sometime?

No comments: