Biking Across the Atlantic

Today, all of the former and current class officers plus Chrissy biked all the way to Uganda. Okay, maybe not all the way... but at least 100 miles of it. It was part of a fundraising event for Building Tomorrow, an organization that raises funds to help vulnerable children in sub-Saharan Africa. Anyway, it was a nice way to get a 30-minute workout on the middle of the Lawn. The only weird part was when this random Asian girl walked up and started taking pictures of us and then of Titan, who was leashed to the information table. Then again, who am I to criticize someone for taking pictures at inappropriate times?

After we finished biking, I had to go back to school in order to conduct a full history and physical exam. The standardized patients were all current fourth years, and as luck would have it, I ended up with Jason. I went in predicting that I would get someone I was friends with, and as it turned out, it was just as awkward as I had imagined that it would be. On the bright side, it's all over with, so now I can sit back and laugh as everybody else does it over the next two weeks.

No comments: