24 Hours of College

I've spent the past 24 hours hanging out with college friends, which was an absurd break from my equally absurd life as a medical student. We had a Baptist Collegiate Ministries reunion, which meant a free home-cooked lunch and a Rotunda dinner. So much to NOM NOM, so little time!

Cal also came into town yesterday, and we went to all the usual hang-outs last night. Literally. First he told Nick and me to meet him at Mellow Mushroom, but by the time we had gotten there, he had moved on to Biltmore, and by the time we walked there, he was over at Buddhist.

Somehow, I ended up playing an hour's worth of Photo Hunt while were out last night. Scott put a $5 bill into the machine, letting us play 10 games in a row (lesson learned). A few games in, everyone else decided to go home, so I was left playing with three guys who were 1999 ZBT alumni. Wait, what?? Also, they kept calling me "Rain Man" because I was better than they were at Photo Hunt. I don't know what's going on in my life anymore. All I know is that I wanted to beat the top score, held by "HOKIEONEPOIN." What does that name even mean??

Today, I had brunch with Travis at the Virginian, where we caught up on life and on people watching. The best thing that happened on the Corner:

[Bicyclist accidentally runs into girl]
Bicyclist: "Oh God, I am so sorry!"
Girl: "You little piece of sh*t!"
Bicyclist: "I said I was sorry!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mon fecund feces, I'm sorry I couldn't make it to Charlottesville this weekend. I got your message a little last-minute, and I had already made plans to do stuff with Thomas and Allen on Saturday and my parents on Sunday. I hope you and Cal had fun together, it sounds like you guys basically had a weekend just like any other in college.

How did your 5K go? Did you break 20 minutes?