The Incredibles

Last night I had an extremely involved dream that would take much too long to explain, but the gist of the story was that I and several other members of my medical school class were siblings growing up in a family of crime-fighting superheroes. Somehow, I got word from the future that Jon's radioactive superpowers would one day give me cancer (kind of like Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen), so I had to leave the family and deal out justice on my own. Along my way, I met an investigative journalist who tagged along and helped me take down villains while protecting my real identity (kind of like Lois Lane from Superman). It was only the second dream I remember having where the character wasn't someone I knew in real life.

In other news, it's Sunny's birthday today, and we're going to McGrady's Trivia Night to celebrate. I swear it, we're going to win tonight. In fact, I'm going to explicitly forbid Paul from coming so that we don't have a repeat performance of our last attempt at Mellow Mushroom Trivia Night. I'm not still bitter about it...

1 comment:

Tina aka Your Mommy said...

I think you're jinxing yourself by swearing that you're going to win it. The correct approach is to be utterly convinced that you WILL NOT win it, and then magically your team will take first place. And if you still lose, well that's your own damn fault for being terrible at trivia.