Blast from the Past

Last night as I was walking back with Jim and Mary to get my car, someone creepily ran up behind me and started talking to me. After getting over my initial horror, I realized that it was Tad, one of my residents from when I was a third year. I ended up driving him home so that we would have time to catch up.

My residents from that year were the most absurd group of guys I have ever met. Of course, living in Old Dorms meant that out of the 20 of them, 19 were white, eight ended up pledging a fraternity, and one was arrested. The funny thing is, these same tough guys came into my room when we got back from Thanksgiving Break and demanded that I do a Secret Santa drawing for the entire hall. They also insisted on decorating our entire hall for Christmas, complete with wreaths and stockings with everyone's names on them in gold glitter. We even took a group photo that I used to make Christmas greeting cards for our entire hall. Man, did those guys have the holiday spirit.

In other news, it was 81 degrees outside today, even though last week at this exact time, it was snowing outside. Oh, Virginia. Your schizophrenic weather patterns never cease to amaze me.

No comments: