Going Once, Going Twice...

Tonight is the SMD2012 Date Auction! There are 19 dates being auctioned off, each of which comes with a free meal at a local restaurant. I come with a $50 gift certificate to Cassis, so if you're reading this and you're going to be in Charlottesville tonight, you had better show up to Boylan Heights at 8pm to bid on me. Also, the highest bidder all night wins an additional $100 gift certificate to L'Etoile, and I WANT IT.

The only thing that might pose a problem is my recent (and I mean very recent) engagement to Beth. She's studying in Florence this semester, and apparently guys are so forward in Italy that she's started to wear a fake engagement ring and telling eager suitors that she has a fiance back in the States. Much to my chagrin, she informed me last night that her imaginary fiance goes to UVA Law School. Law School? Seriously? I couldn't let her leave it at that, so I immediately proposed to her in the most romantic way possible: via Gchat, complete with a "<3" emoticon. Now, she's engaged to a UVA medical school student. Ah, much better.

Also, Beth, this is the only photo I could find of us standing next to each other. And you're making that weird face of yours. I refuse to use this as our engagement photo. We have a lot of work to do when you get back to Virginia.

3 comments:

cbmblog said...

so now you just go around proposing to all the girls huh?? i feel so used.....

Sammas said...

yeah well ours didnt count because you were already engaged to a man that youre now married to. HOW DO YOU THINK THAT MADE ME FEEL!?

[sigh] childrens choirs... they really pull at the heartstrings.

Unknown said...

sam, we have way more pictures than that together! but our legit engagement pictures can be taken on the lawn.

thanks shnookums. i hope you got big money at the date auction ;)