Watson 110s, Part IV

Perhaps the most eclectic person in our suite was MW. MW went to the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology and embodied every stereotype I associate with it.

The first thing you would notice when you met MW was the way he dressed. Like all UVA students, he would wear Polo shirts, but for some reason, his were all too large for him. So large, in fact, that they looked more like Polo dresses. MW also wore moccasins all day, every day. He would wear them both inside and outside the dorm, a source of great frustration for me. Living in new dorms, my roommate and I had the luxury of stacking our beds on top of one another so that we would have more floor space. MW would frequently run into our room, yell "BUNK BED SYNDROME!", and jump into my bed, plopping his dirty moccasins on my pillows. I was never amused.

MW did not fully grasp the role that roommates played in each others' lives. He would insist that he and CS, his roommate, go to bed at the same time. CS would always stay up really late to study, so MW would stay up with him until they could both turn the lights off and go to bed together. I can understand how this made CS uncomfortable, especially because MW said to him at the beginning of the year, "Don't worry; I won't touch you while you're sleeping."

One incident I will never forget involved me brushing my teeth in the bathroom. Suddenly, I heard robot noises coming from the shower stall. "Boop. Beep boop. Beep bop boop." Many people sing in the shower, but as with everything else, MW did it his own special way.

MW, I hope you have found joy and happiness for yourself. I only wish you were still on Facebook, so I could find out without having to actually talk to you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Bunk Bed Syndrome"

Sammas said...

oops youre right. thanks for the correction. youre always looking out for me!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, mon fecund feces.