Watson 110s, Part I

The organization of my suite makes me doubt the UVA housing process. Allegedly, they try to pair you up with someone with whom you would be a good match, but in the case of the Watson 110s, it did not work at all. It's not that none of us got along; we could have easily swapped a few roommates amongst each other, and I think everyone would have ended up happier.

I will begin with one of my suitemates, CR. I would not be exaggerating if I said that CR had the worst body odor of anyone that I had ever met. It's not that he didn't shower; in fact, he had excellent hygiene. But somehow, he always carried around an aura of stink that no amount of soap, deodorant, or cologne could hide. CR also had the world's worst case of bacne. Yet, he insisted upon taking off his shirt and pants as soon as he walked into the suite door, wearing nothing but his too-tight boxers, even (especially?) when girls would come visit our suite. Also, his face resembled that of a koopa troopa.

CR pledged a fraternity in the spring of our first year, proving that the UVA Greek system wasn't lying when they claimed that there is a frat out there for everyone. CR was very proud of his frat, and would often gloat about it in front of the rest of us. When DP and NG ordered Chinese takeout during the Superbowl, CR exclaimed, "You can't eat Chinese food during the Superbowl! That's so un-America! I'm going to go to my frat, where we'll be having pizza and beer!" Heavy emphasis on the words "pizza" and "beer."

Ah, CR. I will never forget you. Or your stench. It haunts me to this day.

2 comments:

Me said...

i never made out with him, right?

Anonymous said...

Haha, I like Kathryn's comment.

And I would just like to point out that neither pizza nor beer originated in the U.S. Take that, CR!