On My Deathbed

I've been feeling a little bit under the weather the past few days, but my illness hit me full-force last night. I went to bed pretty early, and woke up around 2 or 3 in the morning with night chills. I was shivering under my covers, yet somehow sweating at the same time. I don't typically get headaches, but I had a terrible one last night. It literally felt like my dural sinuses were pushing out against my skull and about to explode. The back of my neck was aching, and I was in so much pain overall that I thought I was dying. "Well, if this is it, I'm ready for you to take me," I said to God. I've had appendicitis, and I was a victim of the UVA flu outbreak last year, but nothing prepared me for the amount of discomfort I was experiencing last night.

To add insult to injury, I apparently didn't close my door entirely last night. I was awoken this morning when Titan barged into my room and tried jumping onto my bed but succeeded only in sticking his paw into my mouth. Probably the grossest thing that he's ever done to me. Thanks a lot, "best friend"!

The good news is, I survived the walk to the new CVS on the corner, purchased a box of Sudafed, and now I feel much better. Only six hours left until the LOST season premiere...

2 comments:

Grace said...

I'm glad you're feeling better Sam!!! Sounded like malaria....hehe. Sorry I didnt mean to lighten your situation. :)

Anonymous said...

You're dying, and all you can think about is the Lost season premiere? Typical.