Cracker Barrel

...why dost thou evade me so? Last semester, I learned that, being the damn Yankee that he is, Jon has never been to a Cracker Barrel in his entire life. It has been my desire, nay, my dream, ever since then to introduce him to what may be the finest chain restaurant in America. Well, maybe second to Olive Garden.

Our first attempt at realizing this dream was on our road trip up to NYC during Thanksgiving Break. Alas, the stars did not align, and everyone in the car was so hungry by the time we got to Maryland that we had to pull off of the highway to eat as soon as possible, and we ended up at McDonald's instead.

Our second attempt was going to be today. On my way back from Roanoke, I was supposed stop at the Cracker Barrel in Waynesboro, where I would meet up with Jon and the rest of the crew. But, on my way there, I got a call from Jon saying that our plans had been canceled. This was a double-whammy for me: on top of the fact that I would not get to eat at Cracker Barrel today, I had skipped out on the lunch at church in order to make it there in time, so I missed out on free Southern cooking as well.

Good thing I have some leftover dolsot bibimbop from the Korean House. Lunch win!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am very sad you missed out on church food! I love church food. I'm going to attend every banquet I hear about when I get back to the states.

And, we're going to go to cracker barrel together and bojangles, because that, my friend, is how biscuits should be spelled.

<3