Musical Marathon

Ah, the holidays. Nothing fills me with more Christmas cheer than listening to the music of the season. Thank goodness for Medical & Molecular Genetics, which has given me more free time than I ever knew in college. I took yesterday off to go to the University Singers and CUSO Family Holiday Concert, immediately followed by the Jubilate Festival of Nine Lessons & Carols. It was kind of weird sitting in the audience instead of standing on the stage with the two groups, but I had a lot of fun. I do have to admit that attending two concerts from 3:30 until 7:00 was rather exhausting. Now I know how my parents felt every time I made them come listen to back-to-back performances. Oh well, I'm an only child, and it's their JOB to provide me with unending attention, affection, and praise.

My holiday spirit was temporarily put on hold when I walked into the library this afternoon. Claude Moore was infested with undergraduate students trying to study in our territory. You could pick them out as if they were wearing neon signs. Their bright smiles, their thin textbooks, and the lack of bags under their eyes gave them away immediately. Just you wait. One day, they too will be in a graduate or professional school, and I'll be... oh wait, I'll probably still be in school, too. Womp womp.

No comments: