Home Sweet Home

The semester is over, and I'm back in Richmond.

This is all following an epic afternoon/evening/night that involved an epic basketball game that we lost to Auburn, an epic dinner at Guadalajara, an epic nap/coma in Sunny's bed, an epic game of Sevens in Sunny's living room, and an epic '80s dance party at Three.

At some point, my camera Elisha finally croaked her last breath and gave up on me. I purchased her at Beach Week this past summer when my last one broke, and she has taken 2,147 pictures (worth 2,147,000 words) in the course of her short lifetime. She has survived several drops on her head as a baby, a near-fatal drowning, and multiple beer spills. In spite of all of the abuse, she managed to pull through at crucial moments in my life, documenting events like my graduation from college, my summer job at Heritage Theatre Festival, my orientation to medical school, two trips to New York City, and numerous concerts, weddings, parties, and Photo Hunt victories in between.

Goodbye, Elisha. You will be missed. May your soul come back to me in two weeks from the Best Buy warranty program in a shinier, newer body.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you actually named your camera.