All Aboard the Fail Train

We had our final genetics exam yesterday, so obviously I spent most of Friday night on FAIL Blog when I should have been studying. One of the videos, which I have reposted below, made me laugh so hard that I started to cry (although I guess that's not too surprising). In addition to being an epic fail, it is also something that could be taken out of a chapter in my life.



Mass transit in Beijing is basically a nightmare. There have been countless times that I have not been able to make it onto a bus because it was too full. Then there have been the few instances like the one shown above, where despite the overcrowding, I was forced aboard by the sheer willpower of the people behind me.

There was also this one time, about ten years ago, that my mom and I rode the train from Nanjing to Suzhou. The ride only lasted three hours, but it felt like three days because it was standing room only. Each of the tickets cost 15 RMB, which is a little less than $2, but what we saved in money we paid for in human dignity. The train was not air conditioned, so all of the windows were kept open, and my face was covered in black soot by the time we reached our destination. And trust me, I don't make a very cute Blasian.

No comments: