Happy Solstice

Okay, well, I guess the winter solstice was technically yesterday, but Catherine's neighborhood celebrated it today, so deal with it. I had heard her talk about the party every year, and I was beyond excited when she invited me tonight (perhaps jokingly, but I took advantage of it). However, none of her stories prepared me for the extravaganza that is the Solstice Party/Party for the Birds.

First of all, the party revolved around making bird feeder ornaments out of pine cones, toasted bread, sliced yams, peanut butter, cranberries, raisins, and birdseed.

Second of all, the party revolved around excessive amounts of delicious food that I stuffed into my mouth at a rapid pace.

Third of all, we revolved around a tree in the neighborhood that we decorated with our gifts to the birds while we sang Christmas carols.

And as if that's not enough, the days are only getting longer from here on out. Summer, here I come!

No comments: