Zoom Zoom

Every night while we're throwing down at the Claude Moore Library late night party, I see an elderly man drive (?) by on his electric wheelchair at approximately 20 mph. He usually loops back and passes us several times before I go home. I just want to stop him and ask some questions. Where are you going? What are you running from? Why are you in such a hurry? Have you ever considered putting spinners on your wheels? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

I finally got my chance last night. Just as I was leaving the library, Scooter (as I affectionately call him) whizzed past me in the Link. I followed him, using all of my ninja training (read: none whatsoever) to stalk him as quickly and subtly as possible. Where was he headed? The cafeteria? The hospital lobby? The CTS labs? But alas, I was not the Chosen One. Within a matter of seconds, he had rounded the corner and disappeared off into the horizon. I'll get you next time, Scooter! Next time!

No comments: