A Day of Discovery

Amanda's favorite apple is the McIntosh apple. When I expressed my disbelief that the McIntosh apple really existed, I was teased and ridiculed by everyone at the lunch table. Well, if it exists on Wikipedia, then it must exist in real life, too. You learn something new every day!

The folks at Google surprised me with another new Gmail capability: Video Chatting! Granted, I've already been using the built-in iChat application on my MacBook, but we all know that Google does everything best. And that's why I will have babies with it. Eww, who said that!?

The folks at Circuit City didn't surprise me quite as much when they filed for bankruptcy on Monday. I have to say, the stores are pretty badly managed. I applied for a job there this summer, and I was "hired" at my second interview. Here is how the interview ended:

Manager: So I know the last manager told you that you could work in camera sales, but I'd like to hire you for customer service. Do you have any questions for me?
Sam: Err, thanks. When can I start working?
Manager: Umm, I'm actually not sure... I'll have to check with my boss and get back to you.
Sam: Okay, that's cool. How many hours will I get per week?
Manager: I actually don't know about that, either. I'll let you know when I find out.
Sam: Um, alright, well, can you tell me how much I'll get paid?
Manager: [sigh] I don't know; I'll have to ask my boss about that too.

And so I moved back to Charlottesville and worked for Heritage Festival Theatre instead.

1 comment:

Me said...

please don't bang google. you'll have to name your child zoogle or something. that would be unfortunate.