I Shall Call Him Squishy and He Shall Be Mine

When my dad gave me an iPod shuffle, I immediately named it Adriana after Adriana Lima, the Victoria's Secret Angel from Brazil that I was obsessed with. Wait, who am I kidding? I'm still obsessed with her.

When I upgraded to an iPod nano, I went with Svetlana after Svetlana Khorkina, the Russian gymnast known for her unusual height and erratic personality. How could you not respect an athlete who makes ridiculous claims, like "I want to win gold as badly as I want to mother my own child"?

When my parents gave me my first car, a Hyundai Sonata, I stuck to the musical theme of the model and named it Carmen after the Spanish protagonist in Bizet's French opera.

Well, it's been almost two months since I purchased my MacBook Black, and I still haven't been able to come up with a name for it. My only criteria is that, like all of my other toys, it must be an ethnic girl name. Any ideas out there?

2 comments:

Janice Dean said...

Well, I don't have any name suggestions, but I totally name my possessions, too! Although I usually give my possessions male names (Danny gives his female names). Weird how we do that, huh?

George said...

MAM. That is all.