Building Character

For my Social Issues in Medicine class, I have visited several people in Section 8 housing in order to better understand the needs of the impoverished in Charlottesville. Sadly, many of these subsidized houses are nicer than the one I live in. I'm currently sitting in my living room listening to our CTS lectures online, accompanied by the drip, drip, drip of water leaking through the floor of our second floor bathroom and into the bowls I've set up on our coffee table.

And as if that's not enough, Dylan saw a mouse in our house last week. (Perhaps we should get a cat in a hat to take care of it? Ba-dum, chi!) And it wasn't just any mouse. It was an especially large mouse that, at first glance, appeared like it had very large teats, but at second glance, actually had five baby mice suckling on it while it scurried across Dylan's bedroom floor. So now my house is rodent-infested AND it has a plumbing problem. I'm basically living the American dream!

No comments: