Rock the Vote

All of the candidates who are running for SMD 2012 elections this week had to turn in a personal statement by today, and of course I put it off until the very last minute. You can read mine below. Special thanks to Amanda for the revisions. And remember, I don't care who you vote for, just VOTE (for me)!

My name is Sam Zhao, and I don’t just want to be your social chair. I want to be your social COUCH. Chairs are nice, but couches are more comfortable and inviting.

As your social couch, I will do my best to plan activities that will be fun for everyone. In addition to coordinating Grand Rounds, the Halloween Party, and the New Year’s Party, I would like to have events like apple picking at Carter’s Mountain, hiking in the Shenandoah National Park, playing broomball at the Charlottesville Ice Park, taking a trip to Monticello, and even watching a movie in the AFC hot tub (it seats over 50 people). I am open to suggestions as well, and I welcome any ideas you might have. However, you may not take naps on the social couch.

I promise, if elected as social couch, to continue carrying my camera around at all times. As long as you come to the social events, rest assured that the next four years of your life will be VERY well documented. And just as you can’t get rid of that beer stain on your couch at home, you won’t be able to prevent me from showing all of these photos, good and bad, at our ten-year reunion.

No comments: