Extreme Dream

I was leading a medical school skydiving trip to the Grand Canyon. The plane took off and when it got to the right altitude, people began jumping off. I wanted to go last just to make sure everyone else got off safely. Finally, only Juan and I were left aboard, when all of a sudden one of the plane engines exploded. For some reason I didn't have my parachute pack on yet, so we both jumped and I was initially in freefall, narrowly escaping being sucked into the still functioning plane engine. I grabbed onto Juan and we coasted down to earth. A surfboard magically appeared in Juan's hand, so we skysurfed for a while. I kept yelling at him to deploy the parachute, but he kept saying that we had plenty of time. I got distracted from my impending death by pulling out my camera and taking a few pictures of the beautiful desert scene below us. Finally we hit the ground and landed safely without even using our parachute. It was pretty hardcore.

When I looked up, I realized we were in the middle of an outdoor Miley Cyrus concert that was being recorded for TV. They were getting ready for her to perform the finale, which was a duet with Meredith, one of my friends from high school who had apparently become a pop singer.

The next thing I knew, I had teleported from the concert to the driveway of a giant ranch-style home in Texas. It turns out it was owned by an oil tycoon who was married and had two kids. However, he had recently been having an affair and now wanted to marry his mistress. He didn't believe in divorce, so instead he had decided to hire a hit team on his current wife. I found myself in the rescue team that was supposed to extract the wife from the home. We rang the doorbell, introduced ourselves as washing machine salesmen, and entered the home. We gave what I thought was a great sales spiel, but somehow the oil tycoon realized what we were up to. When his wife showed us to the door, we attempted to sneak her out of the house to safety, but instead we found that the front yard was filled with men pointing guns at us. Before we could even react, they had released a volley of bullets that killed the wife and hit me in the neck. Luckily they missed my carotid artery, and the next thing I remember was being taken to the hospital by ambulance.

The dream ended with me sharing my story at dinner with Dean Pearson. Honestly? Must everything in my life begin and end with medical school? Yes, by order of the king!

No comments: