Gaudeamus Igitur

I'm taking a break from studying Anatomy all day to blog. This, of course, is a direct result of the horrific tubing experience we had yesterday. It's not that I didn't have fun, it's just that I didn't expect to be on the water from 10am until 4:45pm. The low water level combined with the non-existent current made it perhaps the longest experience of my life. I felt like I had aged 20 years by the time we got out of the water, a belief that was confirmed when I woke up this morning with lower back pain, undoubtedly caused by the beating I took from the vengeful river rocks.

Anyway, I sang at Convocation with the University Singers this evening, and it made me pretty nostalgic. President Casteen gave the exact same speech he gives every year (with updated statistics), someone came up to read a letter from the Seven Society, and first years continued to wonder why their RAs were making them go to some sort of an event called "Convocation." They did have Cavman riding down the Lawn on a horse, which I don't remember seeing before, and it was pretty cool.

The whole thing made me wish I was back in college. Last night at rehearsal, Sam was telling me how much he missed all of us who graduated last year, and how this year was going to be so different, and before I knew it, I was crying. Good thing I'm so manly that I shed beers, not tears. We were all drunk in a matter of minutes.*

*Just kidding. I went straight home after rehearsal and was in bed by 11pm like the old man I have become.

No comments: