Freecycle

I have recently become obsessed with Freecycle, which is a network that allows people to "gift" each other reusable goods so that they don't end up in a landfill. Some pretty typical things available on Freecycle are moving boxes, nursery supplies, books, and other things that don't make the cut for craigslist. One recent Freecycle item caught my attention:

Offer: 16 pair Hanes briefs size 32 my son will only wear boxers
Posted by: "sandridge5"
like new never worn 16 pairs white hanes 32 briefs. I hate to throw them out . I can sit out if you email me ... thanks

Okay, this lady must be crazy. Underwear is either new or it's used; "like new" is not an option. If she's not returning it to the store, then the underwear is probably no longer in its original packaging, so how do other Freecyclers know that they haven't been worn? I see you over there, nodding your head in agreement. Yes, even you, sandridge5.

No comments: