Trapped

I knew it. This week was just going too perfectly, and something had to give. It's too bad that the thing that gave were my keys, which decided to hop a ride back to Virginia yesterday in Paul's shorts. I didn't realize that they were missing until he had made it all the way to Florence, SC, which is two and a half hours from where we've been staying.

Instead of asking Paul to drive all the way back, which would have forced him to miss Evan's wedding rehearsal, Sunny came up with the brilliant idea for him to overnight it to me. Everything was set up to go perfectly, and the USPS guaranteed that the keys would arrive before 3pm today.

At 3pm today, the keys still weren't here. After some thorough digging by Paul, we found out that someone from the USPS had tried to deliver it this morning but didn't leave it at the door even though he had requested that the package be left without a signature. Out of the goodness of his heart, Paul offered to drive a pair of spare keys down from my house after Evan's wedding, but I couldn't ask him to do that. Luckily, Josh told me that I could just call a locksmith to come and make me a new set of keys. I didn't even know that was possible, but it works (albeit at a pretty high cost), and now I have a way home!

Sigh. I suppose we did it for the lulz... and sometimes lylz?

No comments: