On With the Show

And, for the second time in less than six weeks, it's opening night. This time I was playing piano for the Orange County High School's production of Nunsense, and while the performance wasn't perfect, it was a heck of a great time. I really think (hope?) that the audience enjoyed it.

Speaking of the audience, three of my friends came out to support me tonight: Lee, Paul, and Sunny. Thanks for being there, guys! As always, it meant a lot to have some familiar faces out in the audience. If by "out in the audience" I mean "two seats behind where I happen to be sitting in the pit." Too close for comfort!!

After the show, we decided to grab some food at this Italian buffet joint next to the school called Mario's. Despite the fact that I had already had a large dinner before the show, I was coerced into having a second meal. And what a rich meal it was! Pasta, fritters, potato wedges, popcorn shrimp, egg salad, artichoke hearts, and ice cream galore. Now I feel uncomfortably full and look like I'm six months pregnant. Ah yes, just the look I was going for three days before I leave for Beach Week.

No comments: