Did Someone Call For a Doctor?

Today, I graduated from 20th grade and earned my Doctor of Medicine degree. Can you believe it?? Because I certainly can't. It only feels like yesterday when I walked into Orientation for the UVA School of Medicine. But almost four years have passed since that day, and the journey to obtain an undergraduate medical education has come to an end.

My actual graduation day seemed to fly by as quickly as the rest of my medical school experience. Lee and I started the day off right with breakfast from Bodo's before we had to meet for our class picture.


Then we led the procession down the Lawn, where we sat for another hour while waiting for the rest of the graduating class to file in.


The commencement address was given by a surprisingly witty and engaging Katie Couric. Afterwards, President Sullivan conferred our degrees, making us real doctors!


The real highlight of the day, though, was our medical ceremony at the Paramount. I even got to stand onstage with Tina as we gave out the class teaching awards, which inspired me to take a picture of the audience, just so I can forever remember what it felt like to see the world briefly as Dean Pearson does.


Finally our names were called out and we walked across the stage to be hooded and to receive our diplomas. I can now proudly say that I have two degrees from the University of Virginia, and it is the best feeling in the world.


So that's it. I have come to the end of one of the greatest adventures of my life, and honestly, I would do it all over again without changing a single thing. Thanks to all who have supported me along the way. I'll never forget you guys, and you can trust what I say, because I'm a doctor.